Telephoto lens can be used in a Hikvision ds-2cd2032-i and other cameras. Useful for license plate recognition for 30-50′ and other cases where a telephoto lens is needed.This lens is made for the sensor size and 3 megapizel used in Hikvision and Dahua cameras. Low distortion.Requires disassemble of the camera. Wrightwood Surveillance is not responsible for damage to your camera.
Cameras customers have installed these in (note Wrightwood Surveillance has not tested this lens in all cameras listed)
- Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I, DS-2CD2042-I, DS-2CD2022-I, DS-2CD2232-I5
These instructions are for the ds-2cd2032-i bullet. Use a static wrist strap to avoid static damage.
- Unplug camera
- Remove 3 #1 Philips screws on the back of the camera. All screws use the same Philips head and I used a jewelers screwdriver that is thin enough to get in the deep pocket.
- Separate two halves but be careful with 2 cables, do not disconnect
- Remove 3 screws holding lens assembly and carefully slide front part of housing off
- Remove 3 screws holding IR LED ring from the front of the camera.
- Use a fine brush an coat the glue where the lens joins the lens mount using a glue removing solvent (we use Goof-Off)
- Use a pin or paperclip to remove the glue until the lens is lose to rotate
- Remove old lens by unscrewing it counter-clockwise
- Screw in 25mm lens about 1/3 of the way in
- Connect camera and turn the lens in/out to focus it
- Re-attach IR LED lens ring with 3 scews
- Put the lens assembly in the front part of housing and use longer screws to attach this back or leave screws off (not critical as the pressure from the cables holds it firmly against the glass).
- Re-assemble camera